You've seen his face before and likely his name, as I have spoken about this numerous times.
The Province has released a report that Novid Dadmand of Richmond, BC was convicted. Dadmand sexually assaulted 5 women, while posing himself as a modeling agent. Dadmand presented himself professionally and gave the impression to his victims that he was gay and not a threat to them, which was part of his ploy. Two of the victims were unconscious when Dadmand sexually assaulted them, and it was captured on video.
This is another reminder that it is NEVER appropriate for anyone to touch you without your consent, and you are ALWAYS allowed to say NO if they do ask for permission. Just because they asked, doesn't mean you have to be okay with it.
If you need help or someone to talk to, you always have the support of the Model Safety Network, just email us at email@example.com.
is a valuable tool for getting an idea of what is going on in your neighborhood, or to be aware of risks.
Search your neighborhood or where you are travelling to, and find out what has been going on in the area lately.
Stay safe out there!
The VicPD version of this tool, Crime Reports, is currently down but the preexisting webpage can be accessed here: https://vicpd.ca/public-safety/crime-prevention/crime-reports-2/
The VPD believes that circumstances exist to warn the public about a high-risk offender who will be residing in Vancouver.
Fifty-six-year-old James Burrows is a federal offender who was convicted of four sexual assaults against women between the ages of 72 and 93 years-old. He has been released from custody on statutory release and will be residing in the city of Vancouver.
An assessment of Burrows by the Correctional Service of Canada shows he is a high risk for violent and sexual re-offending, in particular he poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of elderly women.
Burrows is described as black, 6’1″ tall, 260 lbs., with a black hair and brown eyes. He is bound by the terms of his statutory release, which include the following conditions:
- not to associate with any person known to be involved in criminal activity
- not to consume or possess alcohol or illegal drugs
- not to enter any liquor store, beer and/or wine store, or business whose primary purpose is the sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages
- no contact directly or indirectly with any of his victims or their families
- immediately report any attempts to initiate intimate sexual and non-sexual relationships with females to his parole supervisor
- not to purchase, acquire, possess, or access pornography or sexually explicit material in any form or type of media
Anyone who sees James Burrows in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1.
Above information from VPD.ca: http://mediareleases.vpd.ca/2016/03/03/vpd-warning-high-risk-offender-released/